Helpful Roulette Terms For Players
Roulette terms are the special definitions used at the roulette table. This roulette glossary will help players to understand the game better.
- American roulette - a type of the roulette77 game with 38 numbered slots and two zero (single (0) and double (00) zero) slots at the wheel.
- Backtrack - the part of roulette wheel at which the ball spins.
- Biased wheels - roulette wheel with some defects that make some numbers occur more often than others.
- Big Number - the number occurring more than it is theoretically possible.
- Bottom Track - the part of roulette wheel at which the ball slides before it stops in the pocket.
- Chameleon Strategy - strategy of copying types of bets and tactics of the successful players.
- Chasing Loses - poplar method of catching up the losses by placing more bets.
- Check rack - a tray with roulette chips on it.
- Double zero or 00 - the additional zero slot present in American roulette wheel only.
- En prison rule - special rule in European roulette Casino deposit that gives players an opportunity to take back half of the bet or keep it for the next spin in case of lost after the ball lands at the zero slot.
- European roulette - the type of roulette game with 37 numbered slots and single zero (0) slot at the wheel.
- House edge - the average special casino advantage over players.
- High bet - the bet on group of numbers from 19 to 36
- Inside bet - the bet on 1 number that is inside the roulette table layout.
- La partage rule - a rule similar to the En prison rule but according to it a player may take the half of the bet back without keeping it for the next spin.
- Low bet - the bet on group of numbers from 1 to 18.
- Martingale System - a system suggesting betting only on the outside bets and double up the bet after each loss.
- Outside bet - the type of bet on black/red, high/low or even/odd
- Payout - the money paid by the casino to player in case of his/her winning.
- Pinching - illegal way of playing when a player removes the chips from the roulette table when the ball landed already.
- Roulette chips - special casino chips of different colors for placing bets at the roulette table only.
- Roulette layout - the special green cloth with numbered squares at which place their bets.
- Roulette table - specially designed table with the roulette wheel and roulette table layout.
- Roulette wheel - a special wheel that has numbered slots. It spins clockwise and stops when the ball lands at one of the slot pockets.
- Single zero roulette - other name for the European roulette
- Visual Wheel Tracking - a technique used for trying to predict where the ball will land by watching how it spins.
- Wheel Clocking - the method of checking whether the wheel has some defects that influence the outcomes and if there are some numbers occurring more often than others.
- Wheel Head - the part of roulette wheel with numbered slots.
- Wheel roller - another name for dealer or croupier at roulette table.