Popular Superstitions Connected With Roulette
Roulette is the pure game of chance and no effective betting strategies can be applied to it. It is easily explained by the fact that every spin of roulette wheel is an independent event. Previous spin has no influence on the next one and it is hard to predict the outcomes.
However, people love to play roulette game and believe it to be a very mysterious game where lots of luck needed. In addition, some players have their own talismans for playing roulette and truly believe in popular superstitions connected with the game. These superstitions may not have any reasonable grounding but they seem to be convincing and actually plausible. Every casino has experienced weird players wearing strange clothes, doing or saying strange things in order to "attract good luck". Gambling myths are really strong and do not fade with any sound explanation of their uselessness. Let's have a look at the most popular superstitions in roulette game among casino players:
- The most common belief is about lucky numbers. All people have some numbers that are believed to lucky for them, for example, the date of birth, phone number, address, anniversaries, etc. These numbers are picked to place bets on at every roulette spin.
- Other popular numbers are called "sleeping numbers". It means that no one have placed bets on them for a long time and players often choose them as think the "sleeping numbers" have higher odds. This superstition ahs no mathematical and reasonable explanation as every number at roulette wheel has the same winning probabilities.
- Players often place bets on the first number or color that caught their eyes. No comments.
- As any other game roulette is thought to have some so called lucky items that players should carry with them to be attract the Lady Luck. These things (e.g. four leaf clover, rabbit's foot or a horseshoe) have no connection to gaming or casinos at all but people believe in their supernatural powers.
- It is also believed that praying will help in playing roulette. Players can also do the religious ritual or carry with them the religious items.
- One more widespread superstition is not to wear particular "unlucky" colors of clothes to get the most positive gaming experience.
Taking into account all the mentioned popular superstitions, players should keep in mind that roulette is a game of chance and it is advised to rely on the intuition and enjoy the gaming process!